- The following are rules set forth by WoTLKRaids Staff for the Services WoTLKRaids provides.
Any attempt to break them will result in appropriate action against your in-game accounts.
- Any user is subject to the same rules and breaking them will get them banned in the same way.
If you have an issue with the game or wish to report someone breaking the rules, create a ticket in-game.
This is really basic and "shouldn't" need further explanations. Players caught making use of cheat programs for example, to Speed Hack or Fly Hack (most common offenses), transmog weapons or armor of different types or other cheats, are banned from the server. Do not bother to appeal over a ban with the GM, as they will not discuss it. This is not acceptable, even if you are donator. It has no relevance when upholding the rules.
NO SOCIAL MISTREATMENT OR ANNOYANCE
We prize for a fun environment for everybody, meaning all players should follow that philosophy If you don’t wish to have your gameplay disrupted by a GM intervention, just play nice and avoid ruining the gameplay of your fellow players. Below
are some examples of what you shouldn't do!
- Spam/Flood: Using colored text or big Icons in global channels is not allowed. Flooding it with repeated messages neither. Avoid it to avoid being muted or banned.
- Racism/Discriminatory Behavior: Avoid at all costs, insulting someone's country, culture, lifestyle or skin-color. Even if you are just "joking" it isn't allowed. Slangs such as the n-word aren't allowed either, even in Guild chat. Don't blame guildies for reporting you. It's wrong and you should know that.
- Staff Impersonation: Pretending to be a Staff Member either to scam or threat someone is absolutely forbidden.
- Disrupting gameplay: Using minor exploits or poorly designed parts of game mechanics to noticably interfere with other players' gameplay. Examples of such are: Resetting NPCs while other players joust with them on Argent Tournament and joining RDF only to idle and refuse to leave on your own to avoid the debuff.
This does not include playing according to game mechanics and game design like corpse camping in PvP enabled zones, which is not punishable.
- Multiboxing is allowed in PvE situations only, any player(s) caught doing so within PvP will expect an account ban.
NO BUG EXPLOITING
This may take many forms, but all of them are obvious. If you are profiting of any in-game advantage that shouldn't be happening normally, its a bug exploit and the fault for abusing it is yours and whoever is doing it with you. Don't blame the Server, GM's or Developers for it, as it will only get things worse for you. Some examples of bug exploiting:
- Selling boss loot to players from outside of the original raid: Do not invite players to the raid only to get loot in exchange of anything.
- PvP in Sanctuary: People shouldn't be able to attack others in Sanctuaries, like Argent Grounds and the entrance of Forge of Souls/Pit of Saron instances. Forcing it through magic is not acceptable.
- Avoiding the AFK kick mechanism in Battlegrounds: Do not join Battlegrounds if you aren't willing to help others to win. Using bots or anything else to keep you from being kicked by our anti-afk system is not allowed.
- Exploiting skills: If certain skills/spells can be used in an unusual way to exploit and create an unfair advantage over other players, avoid doing so.
- Exploiting a boss
- Other smaller Exploits such as:
- vehicle exploits.
- leaving BG starter area before it starts.
- anything else that gives you advantage over others that abuse the normal system.
- The use of bots (which includes fishing bots).
- Most of these things can't be ban appealed, but you are welcome to try if you believe to be really innocent.
The punishment may vary depending on severity of the situation.
NO PVP EXPLOITING
There are four known methods to abuse of it:
- MMR Dropping: Losing in arena on purpose to lower own MMR below normal value.
- Honor Exploit: Allowing someone to kill you or let you kill his/her toon to get Honor points in locations where it can be done fast and deliberately is not allowed.
- Wintrading: Arranged battles in order to profit of its prizes is highly forbidden leading to bans.
- Arena Boosting: It is not allowed. neither paid or for free
Besides it, no afking in BG’s, follow, botting etc. These are bad attitudes that may get your account suspended.
Acquiring someone's items or gold by misinformation or fraud is not tolerated. Should you be victim of an in game goods scam.
- C.O.D. mail scam: Attempting to scam gold from players through the mail system is not acceptable.
"Casinos": Creating ingame casinos to let people roll for gold or other ingame good is forbidden. Those games end up most of the time as scams and are therefore forbidden.
TRADING ITEMS, SERVICES, GOLD, ETC FOR REAL MONEY
Only official WoTLKRaids website which allows donations can be used to purchase services via Coins or Points. We don't allow any trade of virtual goods for real money be it through discord, chats, game or via 3rd party software.
NO DONOR BASHING
Do understand that simply using the word 'donor' doesn't constitutes donor bashing. The act of donating or the fact donors exist shouldn't be insulted or attacked - you are playing on a free server because of them. Simple teasing a donor isn't donor bashing, although it can easily build up to common harassing if you push it.
If you are going to insult someone, please refrain from saying anything related to donators, the fact of the user has donated, got exclusive gear or anything that can slightly be related to donations in general. The only one who will be framed is you. No excuse will be accepted. Also, Donators CAN be punished for donor bashing. As stated on the top, the rules are valid to everybody.
Remember: Donors allow our realms to continue to be free-to-play. Be thankful.
Breaking the rules below will earn you a Permanent / IP Ban.
ACCOUNT TRADING OR SELLING
This is mostly to avoid scams. If you are caught trying to sell, buy, trade or give away your(s) accounts, be it via whisper, guild chat, discord or any global channels, expect to lose your account for good, along with all accounts shared by your IP. Remember that you are fully responsible for any action under your account. If your brother, friend, or anyone else took control of your account and broke the Account Trading rule you will be the only one to blame.
STAFF OR SERVER DISRESPECT
If you dont like the Server, you are free to leave anytime without insulting us. Disrespecting the server or a Staff Member just because you are in a bad mood, found a bug or have your character killed is not acceptable. Playing in bad mood is already a wrong thing to do. Do not expect forgiveness if you are caught insulting the Server or any of its Staff Members. This is valid anywhere, not just when talking directly to a Staff member. If you have any complaints about a staff member, feel free to send a private message to his/her superior. There is no need to open a public thread for it.
ADVERTISEMENT OR PROPAGANDA
Do not announce other server names anywhere, be it via whisper, guild chat or any global channels. Do not mention their names even for the sake of comparisons or criticizing. Advertising other servers, sites, hacking programs or third-party programs etc. is highly forbidden. Do not try to work like a licensed WoTLKRaids employer. If you open a site to donate for people (even if they cannot donate) you will still be breaking the rule.